Tuesday, April 25, 2006

"Blogaholism"

Adam Christian in Slate:
Sarah Hepola's confessional piece on her recent decision to shut down a long-running blog prompted fraysters to share their own struggles of addiction...

TheNate discusses the successive stages of his own detox:

"My nine months as a blogaholic ended in August. It was a gradual withdrawal that began with accepting a higher media than myself and ended with me carrying the message to others. I went from constantly rereading my own entries and checking a dozen other blogs daily to never visiting mine and only occasionally visiting a few big-name sites. These days I can occasionally check blogs socially without fear of getting addicted again..."

7 Comments:

Blogger Margaret Polaneczky, MD (aka TBTAM) said...

uh, oh, I think I need to read that article. I am definitely addicted...

10:37 AM  
Blogger Rita - Supporting Safer Healthcare said...

Oh sure, I like to blog now and then. But it's nothing to worry about - you know, mostly just social blogging. Well, sometimes I do blog late into the evening when I'm by myself, but that's just to unwind after a stressful day.

It's not like I couldn't quit any time...

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was addicted to blogging for awhile, but my blog helped me get through some rough times . . .

9:18 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

Sounds like a narcisstic wanting a big audience if you ask me. Blogging is a labor of love.

I have no problem going cold turkey when I am on vacation.

Tell me: does the fact that I write every day amount to an addiction?

2:33 PM  
Blogger Medicoglia, RN said...

Should we be forming a group?

3:10 PM  
Blogger Big Lebowski Store said...

Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better.

Flea

5:01 AM  
Blogger BiPolar Guy said...

Strange that you have to read an article on Blogohlism on a blog.

Reminds me of the time I searched for a goodwebsite on how to give up Net addiciton.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Eugene, Oregon Forecast